Linux on RS/6000 E20

Hi all!

I want to install Debian GNU/Linux on an IBM RS/6000, model E20. The problem is that I don't have access to technical data about this machine. Oh, and the machine does not have a graphics card :-).

Right now I have a serial console working. I have used the "current" PReP boot disks from people.debian.org/~aph/. When switching on the machine, Linux/PPC loads and shows a command line. After pressing enter, the kernel is loaded. But after the message "Okay, now booting the kernel." nothing more seems to happen.

Does anyone know what could cause this problem? I can supply a complete boot log if you wish.

regards,
Benny.