Re: Advice on a iBook ...

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 09:47:12AM -0700, CaRLoS mOGUeL wrote:

> Yes ... that's right, "default=" is for the kernel
> image, I got confused with the "defaultos=" (that I
> already used with no success trying to change my OS to
> MacOS by default ...)

with potato r0's yaboot?  that feature did not exist in that archaic
version.   upgrade to the potato backport of sid's yaboot i put up at
penguinppc for this to work (you should do that anyway since potato's
yaboot has serious bugs that can lead to kernel memory corruption).

add:

deb http://penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/debian/ potato main

to your /etc/apt/sources.list and run:

apt-get update
apt-get install yaboot

this will upgrade it to 1.3.4-0.potato.1 which is exactly the same as
yaboot 1.3.4-1 in sid, except depending on potato's libc instead of sid's.

you also need to update your yaboot.conf to get the dual boot
features, change install= and magicboot= to:

install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot

then delete cruft:

rm /etc/ofboot.b