Re: Benh's kernel and Firewire

On pe, 2001-10-12 at 10:45, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
    Hi,

    Jason E. Stewart writes:

    > The issue is it works for some, but not all people (not for me and
    > my pismo, unfortunately).

    Strangely enough, firewire works to some extent for me and *my* Pismo.
    Meaning I can load the ohci1394 and sbp2 drivers and use firewire
    disks and CDs.  The machine only locks up when I try to access a CD
    writer.

    BTW, that's with the version of Ben's tree provided by the Debian
    packages kernel-source-2.4.10 and kernel-patch-benh.

I also got the modules loaded, and the kernel noticed when I plugged in
my Digital video camera. However, dvgrab and dvcont did not work. It is
told that my DV camera works with the linux firewire/ilink/1394/whatever
drivers (it's a Canon mv30i iirc)

I remember Ben saying that the sbp driver (sp?) for disks should work on
ppc, but the others might not. I need to get a firewire disk soon, since
my harddisk is getting full :o)

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert@ximian.com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::