Re: request for help to make powerpc custom boot disks

Ethan Benson writes:

> not quite, MacOS drivers are not required on floppies, they are on
> everything else (hard disks, CDROMs etc).  floppies are the only
> exception and thats the only reason miboot boot-floppies are possible
> in debian (thats what boot-hfs.bin is).

Huh?

1. firmware reads CD-ROM (therefore must have a driver)
2. firmware demands MacOS code
3. firmware executes MacOS code ???
4. firmware loads the OS

Um, OK... as long as step 3 doesn't seriously happen, one could
fake out the firmware with a dummy MacOS driver. I wouldn't
expect Apple to have PGP signed these drivers.

Something like this maybe, in whatever binary format Apple used:

        .globl driver_init  /* damn firmware wants this */
driver_init:
        blr