Re: Sound problems

On 11 Oct 2001, John Goerzen wrote:

> I said that xmix wouldn't start up and that the kde mixer stuff is
> useless because of arts not working.  aumix does start up but it
> doesn't work for me.  However, that could just be due to my own
> incompetance wrt not knowing what to set or how to drive aumix.

KMix doesn't depend on aRts working. If it won't work, it's because it's
having problems talking to the mixer device. aumix starting, otoh, may or
may not be a good sign. Maybe install 'aumix-gtk' instead, so you have a
GUI available, and see if you get any further that way?

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN