Re: Mapping cmd to alt in X with linux keycodes

At 7:58 AM -0700 10/11/01, Gregory P. Keeney wrote:
Of course us poor incorrigible emacs user are quite happy with the
command key being were it is, and making option Alt... That way, the
command key becomes Meta, and we have both Meta and Alt... (Throw in a
Hyper and Super, and let the custom keybinding emacs madness begin!)

How do you set this up? By default alt == meta, so I'm currently using emacs that way, but my fingers really want meta to be the command key. How can I tell emacs to use the command key instead?
Eric: I want to live in a world where software doesn't suck //////////
Richard: Any software that isn't free sucks ////////// rafial@well.com
Linus: I'm interested in free beer ///// <http://www.3roses.com/> ////