Benh's kernel and Firewire

I remember a bit of a ways back Ben saying he was thinking of gathering up
all the patches ....someone had....and putting them into his kernel. Did that
ever happen? Last time I checked, loading a FW module was just a really good
way to shut down my iBook2 really fast and reset the hardware clock. Has
anything changed? Is there someplace where a person can get "someones" latest
FW patches to apply to a kernel? I have a firewire webcam hooked up to a
telescope I would like to use...as well as a firewire harddrive on the way.

Thanks all

John

NYC