Re: Mozilla problems with PPC?

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> > >
> > > 	Closing your eyes to a problem is indeed a way to workaround
> > > 	the problem.
> > >
> > > 	I guess that going to Ebay is a viable solution for those
> > > 	people that are in the US, but what about people of other
> > > 	countries?
> >
> > What, nobody sells memory in other countries?  Not even on ebay?
> >
> > "213 items found for simm available to Brazil. Showing items 1 to 50. "
> > "215 items found for dimm available to Brazil. Showing items 1 to 50. "
>
> Please show me the 256 MB 3.3V 2-bank (_not_ 4-bank!) SDRAM 168-pins DIMMs I
> desperately need for my CHRP LongTrail...

It hardly seems like Mozilla's fault that you have an oddball platform.  I
have a PC with the RAM soldered on the mainboard.  I don't expect it to
run Mozilla or Linux for that matter.

But none of that is my point.  My point is that Mozilla takes up a lot of
RAM because it is highly functional.  If you want to jam a web browser
into a smaller machine, there are smaller (and less functional) web
browsers.

Either way there isn't much reason to bitch about Mozilla unless you have
some kind of good idea for reducing memory consumption.

-jwb