Re: Mozilla problems with PPC?

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, [iso-8859-1] Rogério Brito wrote:

> On Oct 09 2001, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> > Ebay is your friend.
>
> 	Closing your eyes to a problem is indeed a way to workaround
> 	the problem.
>
> 	I guess that going to Ebay is a viable solution for those
> 	people that are in the US, but what about people of other
> 	countries?

What, nobody sells memory in other countries?  Not even on ebay?

"213 items found for simm available to Brazil. Showing items 1 to 50. "
"215 items found for dimm available to Brazil. Showing items 1 to 50. "

> 	This is something that do like in DJBs programs:
>
> 	1 - they're all *very* small;
> 	2 - they're all *very* fast;
> 	3 - they're all *very* reliable;
> 	4 - they're all *very* secure.

And just as soon as djb writes a web browser, we can all bow down and
worship it.  I'm just about sick of hearing people complain about
Mozilla's memory consumption.  Yeah, it can take a lot of memory.  But, if
you think you can write a program that fully supports HTTP 0.9, 1.0 and
1.1, SSL, HTML 2.0-4.01, XML, XHTML, CSS 1 and 2, DOM 0, 1 and 2 including
events, languages that read left-to-right, right-to-left, top-to-bottom,
and bidirectionally, all manner of character encoding methods, and an
embedded programming language to manipulate all of that, and YOU think
that YOUR browser will take up less memory, then let's see it.

We're all waiting.

In the meantime there are a host of alternatives that will prevent you
from bitching about Mozilla: Konqueror, Opera, Links, Lynx, w3m, Arena,
Navigator 0-4.7, et al.  They all trade functionality and correctness for
a smaller memory footprint, which may be right up your alley.

-jwb