Re: fn key on lombard (and up) powerbooks...

Michael Schmitz <schmitz@opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> writes:

> Which proves to be a problem - on my Lombard, the keyboard is type 1
> not 4. Now I've used kernel 2.4.10 for testing, which version did
> you run?

Well, I'm not sure what you mean, but my "handler" is set to 1, I'm
not sure where the type comes into play, as I don't know that much
about adb devices:

adb: starting probe task...
adb devices: [2]: 2 c3 [3]: 3 1 [7]: 7 1f
ADB keyboard at 2, handler 1
ADB mouse at 3, handler set to 4 (trackpad)
adb: finished probe task...

> The trackpad state used to be lost on sleep for me (prior to pmud
> 0.7 at least). Our machines seem to be vastly different ...

No, what I meant was that this fn key setting is different than the
trackpad settings.  Mine used to be lot before pmud save/restored it's
value as well. (sorry I wasn't that clear)

> I'd place that in rc.local, or have a powerpc-utils init script
> handle all of the defaults in one place (trackpad being another,
> screen backlight level yet another). So the tool needs to go in
> powerpc-utils.

Yes, this sounds good...

> Any ADB device state should be lost on sleep/wake unless the kernel driver
> takes care of that (don't think it does).

hmm, this fnkey setting seems to stick for me...

pretty resent benh kernel here:

2.4.11-pre4-ben0

--
Josh Huber                                   | huber@debian.org |