Re: fn key on lombard (and up) powerbooks...

Michael Schmitz <schmitz@opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> writes:

> We'll have to test it on other PMU versions as well, though.

Yes...

> We can do it the same way as the trackpad state save/restore. I'd
> need a bit more information on how to detect the proper keyboard
> version this tool can be used on (I assume there's ADB connectors on
> the older powerbook models?) so we save the right one :-)

Yes, but it shouldn't be used on anything but the Lombard PMU version
and up, so we can ignore anything that has an external adb connector
(I think, since the Lombard doesn't have one, and I'm pretty sure the
Pismo doesn't)

There is a difference with the trackpad save/restore though, at least
on the Lombard, since it doesn't get reset on sleep/wake cycles, but
only sometimes randomly while powered down.

I guess what I'd want is something like /etc/default/fnset with

FNSET_OPTIONS=-u

and have an init script source this file on startup.

But from reading the thread on linuxppc-dev it sounded like some of
the new ibooks (maybe the TiBook even) like to reset it on sleep/wake
cycles.

anyone with one of those machines have a comment?

--
Josh Huber                                   | huber@debian.org |