Re: Trouble getting airport to talk to UFO base station

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> writes:

> Well, the proprietary OS has the nice side effect of beeing able to
> update both your card and the base station to their latest firmware
> ;)

Do you know if there are any fixes in this firmware that are necessary
for a TiBook?  I don't have MacOS, so I was looking into getting the
Cisco base station, but unfortunately it costs a lot more than the
Apple base station.  If the Apple one is usable without MacOS, then it
would be a viable option...