Re: iBook2 GL support

> > Does anyone know what package I need installed to get hardware
> > accellerated GL working under X? I currently have Mesa installed, which
> > means it's software rendered, no?
>
> Yes. To remedy that, apt-get install xserver-xfree86 xlibmesa3 and use
> the r128 kernel module from 2.4.9 or later.
>
> If you don't know how to set up hardware acceleration, follow the DRI
> user guide on http://dri.sf.net .

Thanks for that. I got it going, however I have a problem where every
third time I run a GL application it locks up, and I have to kill -KILL
the process to be able to use the X server again. I have tried 1x and 2x
AGP modes, to no avail. Any suggestions?

James Tyson ---
Samizdat New Media Solutions