Re: Follow up to install question

> OK, feeling like a doof that I didn't choose "network" (I've always had CDs
> before for installs, so I never thought of the network option.). I choose
> network, and use the default URL, which is:
>   http://http.us.debian.org/
>
> I get the error: http://http.us.debian.org:80/debian/dists/woody/Release
> Malformed Release file
>
> I also tried http://ftp.us.debian.org and got the same error.
>
> In navigating my way there via other methods (ftp, web - on other
> computers) that path is totally valid.
>
> Is this a bug I should report? Or is there something else going on? Could
> this be indicative of a network issue?
>
> .Michelle
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
> tech@murrain.net
> AIM:pearlbear0
> http://www.murrain.net/public_key.html for pgp public key

Most likely you're not talking on the network. You have completed the
Configure Network step, right? Try ping http.us.debian.org in virtual
console 2 to see if you're on?

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |           Chris Tillman                              |
|   `-    |           tillman@azstarnet.com                      |