Re: Where to find updates??

On Montag, 1. Oktober 2001 01:22  Ethan Benson wrote:
> thats a pain really..
>
> best way to do it is copy the root.bin, and linux files to /boot setup
> yaboot to boot them (or quik on oldworld).  then reboot, the
> installation system will be booted, make sure you read the install
> docs since if you don't get it bootable right you won't get a second
> chance.

Hmm, the powerbook is to old to use yaboot. I use mklinux-booter and hacked
on it to get debian running. This is the problem why I had no
internet-connection. The Kernel is a nubus-mediabay-patched 2.4.6-pre5 Kernel
and ppp works only with the 2.2.19.

> the other option is installing the debootstrap package on suse, its
> designed to be portable so it should work, just get the .deb and
> run the following as root:
>
> cd /
> ar -p debootstrap.deb data.tar.gz | zcat | tar -xv
>
> starting a chroot from potato's base.tgz is tricky, there are lots of
> little details you have to take care of yourself.

I don't think that that would be possible on an i386-machine. May I not
right, correct me, please!

Greetz :-))

Björn

--