Re: XFree86 update question

Ethan Benson wrote:

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 09:57:45PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

I'm not talking about changing the defaults for anything.  I'm talking
about a config option so that we default to Linux keycodes but anyone
who needs ADB keycodes can get them.

thats something different.

I'm not even entirely convinced it is necessary.  That's getting lost
again.

i don't think its necessary at all.  there is only a small handful of
people who want adb keycodes, only because they refuse to rtfm.

Okay, there's one other much simpler alternative which will work long-term: an optional console keymap with command mapped to alt, and a couple of (commented - OK) lines in /etc/X11/Xmodmap to make that switch. I'm happy to do that second patch for Xmodmap, but have no idea how to do the first (console keymap).

Okay with you Ethan?
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>