Re: XFree86 update question

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 06:40:07PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> At most, I'm not being precise enough in expressing myself here. "old
> style ADB keyboard support" means ADB keyboard support through the
> mac_keyb.c driver, not the HID driver. For all I know this implies ADB

that happened potato r2

why you would want or need to use the cruft driver i have no idea.

> keycodes. I did not mean to imply ADB keyboards are not supported or some
> such.
>
> To return to the topic at hand: I had the impression that ADB keycode
> support is removed from current boot-floppies kernels, is that correct?

yes, there is no difference between the default offcial debian kernel
image and the kernel used and installed by boot-floppies.
kernel-image-2.2.19-pmac is what is used by boot-floppies and what
older systems should upgrade to.  it does not support adb keycodes and
thats the way it must and will stay.

> That kind of thing pulled off in the middle of a stable release was
> calling for trouble, that's all I say. Anyway, it's ancient history, and

i agree completly, thats why i made sure that the transition to linux
keycodes was made in the middle of an unstable non-release, thats when
these kinds of changes are supposed to be made.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/