Re: Compile err with kernel-2.4.9 : kbd_rate undeclared when building on ppc.

on 9/11/01 12:20 AM, Ethan Benson at erbenson@alaska.net wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 11:04:19PM -0700, Laurent de Segur wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried compiling the latest kernel (2.4.9) in order to use linux keycodes
>> (which seems to be required as I updated XF86 from 4.0 to 4.1.)
>
> 2.4.9 is broken, use something else.  2.4.8 or 2.4.10pre[456] (maybe)

Anf apparently 2.4.8 is broken too. When building vmlinux, I get this
compile err:

In function pci_init_s182c105: undefined reference to ide_special_settings

I'd really like to know from which sources was built the image named:
2.4.8-powermac, the one I was running without any problems before upgrading
XFree and having the keymapping issue. All I would need to do is turn off
ADB event codes in the config and recompiled.

I tried getting a 2.4.10pre as you mentioned (setting my apt-get to
unstable, sid) but there seems to be some trouble when doing an apt-get
install kernel-image. Under testing, I get a choice of versions, with
sid/testing, I get a reported error that it can find the location.

Right now, I've got sources for 2.4.8 and 2.4.9 both unable to compile,
XFree86 with a broken keymapping since I updated from 4.0 to 4.1. Not good.

Thanks for your help,

Laurent