Re: debian-powerpc: yaboot & ybin bug ???

on 9/3/01 8:05 PM, Ethan Benson at erbenson@alaska.net wrote:

>> I could not reboot to my old system easily.  I had to boot off the CD
>> which was a pain because I had to search the web to find the right OF
>> commands and right kernel parameters to pass to the kernel (ie.
>> video=ofonly).
>
> not true
>
> at the yaboot boot: prompt:
>
> hd:3,/boot/vmlinux root=/dev/hda3 ro

Actually, I noticed that, since with my particular config, I need to add
video=ofonly at the end of the param line (when I want to recover in the
same way as Brendan), the penguin logo will stick to the top of the screen
and never disappear until I reboot.

The cute mascot is eating about 4 lines of text on top of the display only
if I enter the parameter line like you show above (+ video=ofonly appened to
it). This won't happen when I do a standard selection. Is that a bug?

Laurent