Re: X 4.1.0 Hints for french PowerBook users...

On Sun, 2001-09-02 at 14:53, Florent Pillet wrote:

> After struggling with X keyboard configurations for a while, I finally found
> a way to get access to {, }, [ and ] under X on a FRENCH PowerBook keyboard.
>
> There is a problem with the standard key mappings under X 4.1.0 (I'm running
> unstable), you should modify the file:
>
> /usr/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh/fr
>
> and just after this line:
>
>     name[Group1]= "FR-1";
>
> add:
>
>     key <LALT> {
>         symbols[Group1] = [ Mode_switch, Multi_key ],
>         virtualMods = AltGr
>     };

This has the effect of making []{} etc to work. However, it disables ALT
for me (though I tried it on the finnish/swedish keymap) - thus you
cannot Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill the X server, nor can you use Alt for
anything (alt-drag to move windows for example on many window managers)

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert@ximian.com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::