Re: serial mouse on older pmac?

I've successfully done this in the past. XFree86 should work fine if you tell
it to use a serial mouse. You may have to construct a special adapter for
the serial port--IIRC, it's slightly different from a regular RS422-232
adapter.

http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~chuck/smd.html has some information. Since
the file wtih the readme is in a MacOS-specific format, I copied out the
pinout for you:

Macintosh
8 minidin
Pin #   Macintosh
        Description     RS232
                        Name    Mouse
                                db9
                                Pin #   Mouse
                                        db25
                                        Pin #

1       Handshake Out   RTS     7       4
1       Handshake Out   DTR     4       20
2       Handshake In    CTS     8       5
3       Transmit Data   TD      3       2
4       Ground  GND     5       7
5       Receive Data -  RD      2       3
8       Receive Data +  GND     5       7

Cheers,

--Peter