curious about java servlets

Hi! I'd like to introduce the Apache server on my mild mannered PowerMac 8500 to the wild and crazy ways of jsp. I'm learning as I go, but I'm missing a couple pieces of the big picture. From a thread on this list last month, I know to get the JDK/JRE tarball from Blackdown since a deb is not available. That's great, but now what? For example, when try to apt-get gnujsp, I get:

gnujsp: Depends: jserv (>= 1.102) but it is not installable

Can anyone shed some light on why jserv isn't available, or recommend any next steps?

Thanks in advance,
Bill Lovett