*mostly solved* Re: X4.0.3 and (german) keyboard problems on PM 7600/132

Hi again,

> - I have X 4.0.3 up and running on the onboard video hardware (2MB of
>   video RAM) using the framebuffer device. However, everything has a
>   magenta hue, regardless of resolution. I include XF86Config-4 and
>   xdm.log and would be grateful for any help.

X seems to be fine in 24 and 15 bpp. I thought I'd tried that before, but
X seems to ignore the -bpp option on startup and only adjusts the color
depth if it's in the XF86Config file.

I'd still be interested to know why 16 bpp doesn't work, but 15 bpp at
1152x864 is fine for me.

> - My german Apple Extended ADB keyboard is working on console and in X.
>   However, the keys '<' and '^' seem to be swapped and, more importantly,
>   I have no way to type an '@' or the pipe character ('|'). I can't even
>   begin to tell you how handicapped I feel on the console without my
>   trusty pipe ;) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have solved the keyswaps following Stefan's suggestions but have still
no luck with the 'pipe' and 'at' characters in X.

> - While my one-button ADB mouse is working in X, three-button emulation is
>   either not or I haven't figured it out. I tried the obvious approaches
>   (all of Ctrl, Alt, Cmd, the F-keys) but to na avail. Again, thanks in
>   advance for any light shed on this.

I have fixed these, again thanks to Stefan, by putting

  echo "1" > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation
  echo 100 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode
  echo 97 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode

into /etc/init.d/gpm , and now have the middle button on 'alt gr' and the
right button on the right 'ctrl' key.

Any help with the two "missing characters" would still be very much
appreciated.

Greetings,

  Manuel