Re: PCMCIA (was: Re: BenH TiBook kernels @ debian.jones.dk)

Hi all,

On  22 Jul, this message from Tuomas Kuosmanen echoed through cyberspace:

>> > PC-Card works. The name change is old, PCMCIA is really a deprecated
>> > name since years ;)
>>
>> Ah - I am compiling with David Hinds' pcmcia-cs right now (discovered that
>> it seems to actually compile with 2.4 - geee, it have been a long time ago
>> I tested this...)
>
> I think one needed some kernel patch a while ago to get the pc card
> bridge chip recognized, is it now included in the kernel tree?

For me PCMCIA works without problems (AFAICT; only old-style 16-bit
PCMCIA tested so far) with BenH's kernels; however don't forget to adapt
the resource ranges available to PCMCIA in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts:

# PowerPC ioports and memory:
include port 0x1000-0x10ff, port 0x1400-0x14ff
include memory 0x80400000-0x807ff000, memory 0xf3000000-0xf33ff000

Remove the default ranges. Above is for my TiBook.

For other machines, get these ranges out of a lspci listing.

HTH

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |