Is build process automatic ?

Hi list !

I was just wondering if the building of new / updated packages in
unstable is automatic, or if somebody has to somehow take care of it ?

In fact, the point is a few packages I'd like to install have broken
dependencies :

gnumeric : depends libgal7 (>=0.8-6) but is not installable

evolution : depends libgal6 but is not installable
        depends libgtkhtml7 (>=0.8.3-5) but is not installable

gnucash : depends libgal7 (>=0.8-6) but is not installable
        depends libgtkhtml9 (>=0.9.2-2) but is not installable

All these packages just work fine on my i386 unstable box, but won't
install on my powerpc unstable laptop.

So is that a bug (in which case I could send a bug report),
or just a delay due to someone having to spend time and energy on it (in
which case I have another question : is there a way for a technically
not especially skilled user to help?) ?

Thanks,

Franck
---