Re: Sharing Fiwerwire Disk with Digidesign ProTools and Debian.

>Thanks for correcting me. I shouldn't take Ethan's word on kernel support
>:-)
>
>Regarding APM emulation: does that make apmd work on Powermacs, or will
>pmud still be necessary?

APM emulation is not a replacement for pmud. It doesn't emulate all APM
messages in /dev/apm_bios, only the strict minimum to get apps like X
properly cleanup before suspend and restore their state after resume,
and it implements /proc/apm for battery infos, but the infos there are
less detailed that what pmud or the new /proc/pmu provides (the APM
API is quite simplistic).

I don't think anything as PC centric as apmd has room here, but I may
be wrong as I didn't look at it.

Ben.