Re: What's the best replacement editor for ae?

otto.wyss@bluewin.ch (Otto Wyss) writes:

> Unforunatly, I hoped on PPC there might be other alternatives as
> well.

Why?  I don't see how the underlying hardware could really make a
difference for a text editor...

> I don't want to start a "which is better" war, all I want is an editor
> which has keyboard shortcuts like I mentioned in my other posting.

This is getting offtopic for -powerpc, but anyways...if this is your
only constraint, it would take rather very little code to make Emacs
have those keybindings.  In fact, here's the code to do the "Files"
part:

(global-set-key (kbd "C-q") 'save-buffers-kill-emacs)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-s") 'save-buffer)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-n") 'find-file)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-o") 'find-file)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-w") 'kill-buffer)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-p") 'print-buffer)