Re: XFree86 4.1.0: call for help

>Hmm you have a point there, i have a feeling that the text/colormap
>was not crasing in the isa i/o access but in the isa mem ones,
>(we mmap 0xA0000, i wonder what lives there since isa mem definitely
>isn't)

RAM. Actually kernel code :( There no way to access ISA mem on
most Macs.

>We don't need any more kernel assistance, just to fix the syscall to
>return an error for the AGP bus of Uni-N if we can't do any io there.

We can do _IO_, not ISA mem. Some cards require IOs accesses to
some VGA registers so we need the syscall to work. IOs are indeed
possible on all the UniNorth busses.

>Since 4.1 went out broken we can't do much now, the best solution will
>be to disable the ioctl (since we don't get the right base anyway)

How ? If you get base for bus 0, you'll get the AGP which is what
you are looking for in this case.

Ben.