Re: Can anyone help test CD images?

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 02:52:02PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 05:51:11PM -0400, Austin M. Brower wrote:
> > 	It booted and brought up the Debian GNU/Linux installer program.
>
> and it booted normally? not without needing to enter OF and fiddle
> around?  (hold `c' and boot).

Holding "C" worked.  I did not have to use OF or yaboot or any other fiddles.

> was it potato or woody?  both have the exact same boot-powerpc script
> now...

The CD said it was Potato.  At least, that's what appeared on all the CDs and that's what was on the CDs.

> can you verify that the first CD is readable under MacOS? (for bootx
> stuffs).  and that the rest are reported as pure iso9660 filesystems?

The first CD is readable under MacOS as Mac OS Standard format.  The rest of the CDs appear to be ISO9660 with the Rock Ridge extensions.  (Got all those trans.tbls when looking around under Windows.)

> thanks for testing.

No problem.  Anything to help the next release.

--
Austin Brower
bobman@psouth.net