Re: SCSI I/O errors galore

> scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:08 , sector 298272
>
> host  0 channel 0 id 1 lun 0 return code 6000000
>
> MACHINE CHECK IN KERNEL (regs at cd3bfd40 mode)

Please post the complete error messages. The return code looks like a
timeout but the SCSI code should say so, and properly handle timeouts (now
that might be what the machine check is about).

Other interesting information includes: kernel version and where you got
that kernel image, and the model of oldworld Mac this happened on. Plus
look at the kernel boot messages ('dmesg' is your friend) to tell if this
is a MESH or NCR53C9x SCSI controller.

CC to linuxppc-dev please, someone there might have an idea.

	Michael