Re: firewire, printing, and sound on iBook DV 2K

"Phil Fraering" <pgf@globalreach.net> writes:

> Finally, is anyone else using firewire on the mac? I had video1394.o
> compiled as a module, but it won't insert into the kernel.

There is a serious problem with Apples motherboard implementation of
OHCI. It ignores all the byte swap registers (which seems to be legal
according to the OHCI spec). There is a serious discussion of this
going on in the Linux1394 project. There are 3 or so different
possible solutions and they're zeroing in on which one should be
implemented.

I would expect a solution to available in CVS in the not too distant
future.

If you want more info check out the 'Big Endian OHCI patch' thread on
linux1394-devel.

jas.