Re: Save trackpad settings during sleep

>On the Lombard, the ADB devices are apparently reprobed and reset before
>pmud restores the device state. If BenH is doing something differently on
>the iBook that prevents pmud from finding the device after sleep we'd
>better save the device state in the kernel and restore it there to be
>safe.

My recent kernels made ADB probing asynchronous. Not yet merged in the
main tree but it will definitely kill the pmud script. I guess proper
management of the trackpad should be done in the kernel driver (and I
may have other reasons for that, I'm not sure it's always safe to read
the trackpad registers, looks like this would explain the old problem
of trackpad vs. cmode:32 on some Pismo's). I noticed Darwin kernel
changed their driver code to not read the config regs, but rewrite
them all from RAM cached ones some time ago (before 10.0)

Ben.