Re: kaffe only for i386?

Russell Hires wrote:

> I've just installed kde, and I'm attempting to run Konqueror as my web
> browser. However, I can't seem to run java applets! I've researched the
> java-vm and it appears that it is only set to look for kaffe, which doesn't
> seem to be available for powerpc...is there anything I can do about this?

kaffe is available at least in unstable. The latest version failed to build on
the autobuilder though, that will have to be investigated.

Anyway, I doubt it would work for most Java applets. If you really need to get
Java going, I suggest you have a look at http://penguinppc.org/usr/java/ .
alien is your friend. :)