Re: postgresql?

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 10:52:29PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > for successful and failed logs (in my experience, the failed packages are
> > > a lot more work). It doesn't hurt to have more than one reply for the
> > > latter (buildd checks for that), and it might not even hurt for the
> > > successful ones (that I haven't tried). In order to check files in the
> > > build area, people would need an account on voltaire (all developers
> > > have), but to modify files or change the chroot setup a bit more trust is
> > > needed.
> >
> > I suppose.  It doesn't hurt to redo successful ones, just sends you an
> > error message; but I am more worried about duplication.  And giving
>
> Duplication (of builds) is prevented by using the same wanna-build
> database. Each buildd runs wanna-build --list=needs-build and jots down
> the first ten or so packages. If any of these turn out to be taken by
> someone else when it gets around to checking them out, too bad, print a
> log message and proceed with the ones that were taken successfully.

Yes, I understand that.  It's duplication of log processing that I
meant.

> > more people root on voltaire is something I would want to avoid if
> > possible, obviously.
>
> Fine by me. Changing files and scheduling a retry isn't strictly legal
> anyway :-P
>
> But write access to the database is a matter of being in the voltaire
> group, right?

Actually, no.  Take a closer look at the buildd configuration in /etc,
and the script in ~buildd/bin/.  The master database is actually on
another machine, and the one on voltaire is slaved to it.

> postgresql built fine on my Lombard and has been uploaded to pandora in
> the meantime. Is there a debian-devel-powerpc-changesd list to send
> announcements to from dupload?

Nope, I don't think so.

Meanwhile - I could have sworn Ryan uploaded postgres earlier...

Er.  He uploaded postgresql_7.1.1-5_powerpc.changes, and you uploaded
7.1.1-3 a week later.  You might want to try the new one :)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team