Re: postgresql?

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 09:24:09PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > Fine, I'll be happy to answer any questions that might arise. If you have
> > > access to the wanna-build CVS, get the stuff there. Otherwise, use the
> > > latest source at http://people.debian.org/~cts/wanna-build/ and build it
> > > on your PPC (just did that). Install sbuild and buildd and get sbuild
> > > going (edit /etc/sbuild.conf.local and ~/.sbuildrc).
> >
> > The wanna-build CVS is public - it allows anonymous pserver, though I
> > don't remember the account name.
>
> anonymous perhaps. I just don't recall the host name. Using CVS has some
> benefits (as in: sbuild should know /var/state/apt moved to /var/lib/apt,
> and maybe there's support for apt-source in there).

:pserver:?@cvs.linux-m68k.org:/CVS, actually, modules wanna-build and
srcdep.  I think ? should be "anonymous".

apt-get source stuff is probably not there yet.

> > There is no base.tgz in unstable.  You need to use 'debootstrap', which
> > I think works on PowerPC now - although I'm not entirely sure of that.
>
> What's that? Anyway, I brute-forced the unstable chroot by first feeding

The replacement for base tarballs :)  The installer runs it to create
the basic install from debs.

> the stable base.tgz to buildd-setup-chroot then dist-upgrading. The only
> funny is /dev/null (permission denied reading and writing) which I

Eh?  You shouldn't have to do that, and you really don't want to.  Are
you sure the permissions on it were right?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team