Re: Powerbook G3 1999 xfree 4.0.2 accel?

Michael Schmitz wrote:

> >     I read somewhere that BootX did not like XFree86-4 before 2.4.x for
> >     the Lombard. Don't know if that is true after todays work.
>
> That's still true unless XFree86 changed their mind about resolving PCI
> resource conflicts on PPC regardless of the UseFBDev option.

UseFBDev is still a driver specific option (does the atimisc driver even have
it? Its maintainer doesn't like fbdev too much...), so the upper layer doesn't
care about it. It does have a 'framebuffer' mode now where it doesn't mess
with PCI directly if all devices are claimed by drivers which support it, but
AFAIK only the fbdev driver supports that right now.