Re: Specific literature/HOWTOs? .. and a comment

> > I'd need a dump of the partition table (from both tools, preferably) to
> > tell what's gone wrong.
>
> After doing the complete partitioning under MacOS, the install worked

Yep, I got that :-) Shouldn't have been necessary, though.

> out. So I think the partitioning scheme as it is now, is different from
> the not-working one. Presumably, it will be not helpful to you, if I
> show you the actual state of the art (but if you are anyway interested
> ...).

I'd need the broken state dump as well to be of any help here. Unless you
had used mac-fdisk to initialize a fresh partition map on a disk larger
than 2 GB; there's been a bug in the disk size detection for larger
disks that I only fixed yesterday.

If that's not possibly been the problem, the size and general layout, a
dump of the current table would still be useful.

	Michael