Re: RFC: What should be done about kernel-image's bootloader questions

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 02:26:45PM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:

> Um, well, wait a second.  There's quik and there's yaboot.  The
> latter needs a little 800K partition, but is that so wrong?  Quik
> for old world and yaboot for newworld powermacs.  If you want to use
> quik, you also have to be "good."  ~:^)

I don't mind having some HFS around.  Quik doesn't need anything else around
(I forgot) and in theory could work on new world, but that was largely
abandoned as people kinda disliked quik for being flakey and a PITA to get
working just right.  As a rule tho BootX works and isn't as much of a pain
to get going as quik on oldworld, and yaboot is good for new.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/