Re: fans in Powerbooks (was: Re: iBook2 install)

Hi all,

On  31 May, this message from Tom Rini echoed through cyberspace:
[snip about iBook2]
> The fan doesn't kick on ever tho, yet :(

Does anybody have any definite information about how the fan is
operated? Simple electronic circuit and temperature-controlled? Or does
software need to switch it on explicitly?

I've never been aware of the fan in my TiBook running either, and there
were numerus reports of the same behaviour on previous *Books. Granted,
I almost never run MacOS, so I wouldn't know if it had kicked in under
that other OS....

Anyway, some clarification on this point would be welcome, so that we
can react accordingly (change pmud to operate the fan if needed).

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |