Re: XFree86 on Wallstreet

> O.K., I assumed it won't install anyway and never actually tried it, since
> I probably have to uninstall Branden's XF4.0.3 first (or will downgrade
> work?).

I installed it by specifying the version number--

for foo in <all of the xf4 packages in that directory on penguinppc>; do
apt-get install $foo=4.0.2-1puetzk
done

Or something to that effect.  I.e. the key being specifying the
version number.  From looking at root's .bash_history it doesn't
appear that I had to specify downgrade.

> If that doesn't work out, I'll go ahead (or backward rather ;-) to 4.0.2.

I'm going with the .debs just because it's one thing fewer that I
gotta compile myself.  Thanks, Kevin.

O.