Re: New ofpath and yabootconfig: Added devfs support, PLEASE TEST

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 05:10:52PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> I would too.  I just couldn't think of any way to do that.

what about grabbing the ids and host numbers out, and sorting the
devices out?  im not quite sure how do to that... some substitution
and a for loop maybe.  getting the logic right would be tricky.

> Okay, here's more patches to make devfs happy again.  For getting the
> PARTITION, is it a posix thing where ${KERNDEV##*[a-z]} won't work for
> devfs?  It was doing fine in pdksh..  The rest of the patch makes fixdevfs

er no, im not sure what i was thinking, i think i though the numbers
in the devfs name would screw that up.  i removed that unecessary if.

> happy to change /dev/.../disc into something too.  I did it this was so you
> can still do ofpath /dev/ide/.../partX and get back an alias.

ah ok good.  ofpath should work both ways, as in ofpath /dev/sda gets
you the device without partition number and ofpath /dev/sda2 gives you
path with the partition number.  same for devfs should be. ofpath
/dev/crap/part2 should be == ofpath /dev/sda2 and ofpath
/dev/crap/disc should be == ofpath /dev/sda.

> I get the sneaking suspicion that if we have devfs but _not_ the new
> devfs-style names, we need to know and treat it like a normal system.

ckdevfs should already handle that no?  if you have the standard
shotname links in /dev and hand ofpath /dev/sda ckdevfs will think we
are not on devfs and things will work fine.  ofpath has always worked
that way.

yabootconfig is where it gets wierd because even if you try and hide
devfs names it finds one with the df trick to find the kernel device.

updated ofpath and yabootconfig are posted

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/