Re: some problems on recent installation(sid)

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 05:21:23PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed Debian/PowerPC recently and found some problems,
> but now I have not enough time to investigate if they are bugs
> or not, so I report them to the list first.
>
> First, it seems dpkg-divert left several *dpkg-devert.tmp
> (not *dpkg-divert.tmp!).  This should be wrong.
> dpkg is of 1.9.4.

Fixed in 1.9.5 or 1.9.6.  It'll be available for PPC in a few days, I
hope.

> Second, I installed kernel-image-2.4.4 (2.4.4-1) but it failed
> to boot so I removed it, but it left a link of /vmlinux to
> /boot/vmlinux-2.4.4 which did not exist anymore (/boot/vmlinux-2.4.4
> was removed as expected) if I remembered correctly.
> This might be wrong in two ways.
>
> kernel-image-2.4.4 is wrong because it failed to boot on my
> PowerMac 8500 and also perhaps kernel-package might be wrong
> because it left wrong link after removal if kernel-image was built
> with kerne-package.

The bug on kernel-image was filed two weeks ago, and I mailed -powerpc
about it.  I forgot to include ext2 in the kernel.  It will be fixed
when I have my PPC up again, this week.

> (FYI, kernel-image-2.2.19 has many variants depending on prep
> and so on but kernel-image-2.4.4 does not!?)

There is no need for them any more.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team