Re: some problems on recent installation(sid)

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 10:02:31AM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> > there is, but its old.  4.60 (or so) in potato and
> > 4.70 in unstable. i think
>
> It seems netscape-base-4 4.77-2 and netscape-*-resource-477
> etc. exist but no netscape-smotif* at all in unstable.

thats because the -base and -resource packages are archecture
independent, they contain no compiled binaries.  since they are also
arch: all packages they are instantly installed on all archtectures
even though the -smotif packages they require are not.  annoying but
so it is.

> I see and thanks for your kind explanation.  I will install
> mozilla.

thats the thing to do at this point.

--
Ethan Benson