Re: ofpath, please test

Hi,

On  17 May, this message from Ethan Benson echoed through cyberspace:
> even if you don't use quik if you have an oldworld please test this to
> 1) make sure it works correctly, and 2) that it does not output any
> garbage in the returned path.

Here aou are for my 7600/132; one internal SCSI disk, one internal IDE
disk on a Promise  Ultra/66:

[mlan@piglet ~]$ ofpath /dev/sda8|od -a
0000000   /   b   a   n   d   i   t   /   g   c   /   m   e   s   h   /
0000020   s   d   @   1   :   8  nl
0000027
[mlan@piglet ~]$ ofpath /dev/sda|od -a
0000000   /   b   a   n   d   i   t   /   g   c   /   m   e   s   h   /
0000020   s   d   @   1   :  nl
0000026
[mlan@piglet ~]$ ofpath /dev/sdb|od -a
0000000   /   b   a   n   d   i   t   /   g   c   /   m   e   s   h   /
0000020   s   d   @   :  nl
0000025
[mlan@piglet ~]$ ofpath /dev/sdc|od -a
ofpath: /dev/sdc: Device not configured
0000000
[mlan@piglet ~]$ ofpath /dev/hda|od -a
ofpath: Unsupported device: /dev/hda
0000000

What doesn't look so good is that it gives a path for /dev/sdb (but
there's no such device).

Also, I don't know what the expected answer is re. partitions; it sems
to give a valid partition number, though I don't know whether using that
would work in OF 1.0.5....

Sorry, I currently have no external disks to test...

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |