Re: installation

Thanks for your help so far but I'm still a bit stuck.

Ethan Benson wrote:

> <snip>
>
> since you netbooted i am guessing this is a NewWorld powermac?
> perhaps a IBM RS/6000?

actually it's a Briq from Total Impact

http://www.totalimpact.com

> if its a powermac setup your bootp server to use yaboot as the boot
> file, and put a yaboot.conf like this next to yaboot in the tftproot:
>
> device=enet:
> partition=0
> timeout=50
> default=linux
>
> image=vmlinux-2.2.19
>         label=linux
>         initrd=root.bin
>         initrd-size=8192

Yup, I'm using yaboot with /tftpboot as the tftproot directory.  Here's the
yaboot.conf file:

device=/pci@FF500000/ethernet@7:
partition=0
timeout=1
default=linux

image = vmlinux-nfs
    label = linux
# root = /dev/hda2
    append = "console=ttyS0,9600 rw ip=on"
    initrd=root.bin
    initrd-size=8192

If I comment out the initrd and initrd-size lines then the thing will boot
but when I try to boot with the file looking like this I get:

<snip>
   Elf32 kernel loaded...
dev_path = /pci@FF500000/ethernet@7
file_name = root.bin