Re: APUS Debian Boot-Floppies Images and bugs

hi,

> Can you boot from an external 1.76MB floppy ?

yes. its treated just as the old classic external floppies that I'm sure
most people had with their A500's

> but 1.76MB floppies would be easily supported, almost nothing needs to be
> changed, apart from the rescue disk creation. Does someone with a 1.76MB
> floppy volunteer for that ?

if you give me the instructions and details I can test this.

> Also, is there a way (under linux) to detect if the floppy is of the 1.76 or
> the 880 variety ?

dont know - I always believe that floppies are too dumb..you only know
what you can do when things you try fail ;-)

alan