Re: Anyone have 'cmucl' working?

Colin Walters wrote:

> Tovar <tvr@usermail.com> writes:
>
> > I tried the older binary on the 'www.cons.org' site and it faulted
> > immediately.  'cmucl' compiles itself, so it's non-trivial to build
> > from scratch.  Does anyone already have a working copy or do i need
> > to try cross-compile the thing?
>
> IIRC, Python support for PowerPC isn't finished yet, but you might try
> asking on the cmucl-help or cmucl-imp mailing lists.
>
> Also, I think I remember seeing an announcement about MCL making their
> kernel/compiler "open source"...

Gary Byers [MCL PPC compiler hall of fame] has done the LinuxPPC port
of CMUCL for NASA/JPL internal use. But he said the port is done with older
CMUCL on old LinuxPPC and that updating it to the current CMUCL and PPC
linux is significant task. I'm not sure anyone working on it.

see the details at Deja/Google:
<http://groups.google.com/
groups?rnum=4&ic=1&selm=964vhc%245jv%241%40nnrp1.deja.com>

He said he has also done the MCL port to PPC VxWorks, PPC Linux and
Solaris/Sparc for NASA. These are going to be the LGPLd source of MCL
kernel/compiler.

regards,
Takehiko Abe
--
If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the
guise of the programs!