Re: Working configuration files needed for X 4.0.3 (FireWire iBook) and linux-kernel-source 2.4.4-1 (FireWire iBook, G4 Cube)

> > Could you post your kernel options? This sounds like you're not using the
> > aty1288fb driver.
>
> You can easily verify that by catting /proc/fb.

That would probably find aty128fb. :-) My bad. Another post revealed the
user had used the novideo option, bypassing the aty128fb init.

Now why XFree would still use kernel ioctls for color map setting and mode
swithing even without UseFBDev set is a question for the X experts.

	Michael