Re: xfs kernel patch (was Re: RaiserFS PPC status)

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 06:22:43PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Can you tell us where you found this patch ?
>
> The only kernel patch I can find is over a month old, and certainly not
> xfs 1.0. Or has the filesystem made its way to one of tge PPC kernel
> repositories ?
> Or is the patch for SGI endian-clean ?
 It's endian-clean.. I used xfs release 1.0 from open.sgi.com (if i happen to
 screw up my local debian mirror again i'll switch this partition to XFS
 <<it's using reiserfs now>>). Official release of XFS aplies cleanly (just
 please remeber that You need both linux-2.4-xfs and linux-2.4.x-core-xfs
 patches; for me it wasn't that stright forward).

 One side note.. I used gcc-3.0 to compile kernel (i don;t really know if
 that has any effect on using XFS enabled kernel).

--
 Robert Ramiega | jedi@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Do not underestimate
 UIN: 13201047  | http://www.plukwa.net/       | the power of  Source