Re: Audio CDs on Titanium G4 Powerbook

On 08 May 2001 13:42:18 -0700, Rob Pfile wrote:

>  >
>  > My bad. Still doesn't explain why you say that there are no IDE cdrom
>  > drivers. Maybe not one that works with the TiPB (although I doubt it
>  > considering that the ide-scsi emulation finds it), but there are IDE
>  > cdrom drivers.
>
> well, what can i say, /dev/hdc doesnt work when passed to cdda2wav,
> etc. maybe i just passed it the wrong device, or perhaps i didnt
> create the right device.
>
> anyway, if you know how, please tell us how use the cdrom without the
> ide-scsi shim!

cdda2wav requires extra parameters, otherwise it defaults to SCSI:
cdda2wav -I cooked_ioctl -D /dev/hdc

"cdparanoia -vsQ" will report all the CD-Roms present.
use as: cdparanoia -d /dev/hdc

>  > You can use the "-C big/little" flag to force cdda2wav to read the audio
>  > in one endianess.
>
> i tried this and it had no effect, but probably because i didnt
> understand what it did. i was expecting it to swap the endianness but
> i dont think this flag does that. but it sounds like using that flag
> would keep it from guessing wrong on some tracks.

Yep, I guess that the endianess is the same for the whole CD as well...

>  > > seriously, can't we keep it constructive here? sorry i am replying to
>  > > this post, but i just can't help myself :(
>  >
>  > The "eject -v" wasn't useful ?
>  >

> ok yeah :)

Post the result here when you have something

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net